Planning a move during social-distancing? Read this first.
At Zaarly, we value our homeowners and our service providers. During this difficult time, we want to be a place you can turn to when you are looking to keep your home safe, whether you are upgrading your home or moving into a new one.
While some home services can wait, moving isn’t one of them. In addition,, if you want to avoid a lot of stress, you’ll probably look at hiring a moving company. While moving during the COVID-19 pandemic might be a little more difficult, it’s certainly not impossible!
First, we recommend that homeowners and movers check resources such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to stay up-to-date on the latest news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. If you want detailed information on your locality, Google has an excellent tracker.
Currently, movers are able to operate their business as an essential business. However, state governments are each unique and might enforce social distancing differently. Your moving company will know if they can operate in a different state.
The moving company you hire will keep you informed if anything changes.
Guidelines on moving during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Keep yourself up-to-date on CDC guidelines.
- On Zaarly, you can always ask your mover directly how they are mitigating health risks of COVID-19
- You might be able to get a virtual estimate for your move - feel free to ask when you inquire about your move.
- If possible, give your moving team access to a sink, soap, and paper towels throughout the move.
- Provide disposable gloves and masks for your movers if they are available to buy.
- If you are planning to pre-pack things, purchase new boxes and tape from your movers. It’s not a good idea to use used/recycled boxes at this time.
- However, remember that if you pack yourself, you might not be insured.
- Additionally, the mover might find it safer to do the packing anyway.
- If you use plastic bins be sure to wipe down the interior and exterior with disinfecting wipes before packing.
- If you have shelf-stable food, instead of tossing it - consider donating it to a food bank near you!
- We highly recommend having a cleaning team deep clean your new home, if they do it before you move-in they can get in all of the corners! Book a deep-clean here.
- Other cleaning services you might want to consider:
We can’t wait to help you move into your new space! Reach out to one of our movers to get a quote.